Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Belted Kingfisher at Arboretum Pond

Last week, I walked by the duck pond at the Arboretum in North Austin, and noticed a Kingfisher trilling and swooping back and forth over the pond between trees on either side.  Today, I went back with the camera on a sunny day to find it again. It is a male since it does not have the rust colored lower belly stripe.

Even thought it is 20 ft or so up a tree, it does not like me to approach very much so my shots are from across the pond. Each time I got within half a pond distance, it swooped down to the water and back up to a perch on the other side.

Canon SX50 HS - ISO-400, f/6.5, 1/125s

Canon SX50 HS - ISO-400, f/6.5, 1/200s

Canon SX50 HS - ISO-400, f/6.5, 1/250s

Canon SX50 HS - ISO-200, f/6.5, 1/30s


No comments:

Post a Comment

Relevant comments and questions are welcome but submissions with spam-links will not be published.