Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sync Solver Back on Track

I was able to TestFlight a beta version of the new Sync Solver Health to Fitbit app for iOS. Previously, I had posted about a problem with the correctness of daily totals that resulted from hourly totals being accumulated in the wrong slot. This upcoming version has fixed the problem. Now the hourly and daily totals in iOS Health (generated from my Pebble) exactly match those pushed into Fitbit.

Here is a screen shot of my Pebble Time watch this morning showing that yesterday, I had 17867 steps.



Next is a spreadsheet showing my steps from over the last 40 hours as exported from iOS Health using QS Access. Highlighted are the records from Friday. The cell highlighted in orange is the sum of these and matches the 17867 steps.


For comparison, here is a screen capture of my Fitbit account with all of the Friday, March 4 records highlighted as well as the daily total computed by Fitbit. Not only is the daily total 17867, all of the individual hourly values match and are in the correct slots.


Finally, the all important number reported to my employer through the 10k-a-Day site is also 17867.


I have not been able to test the similar problem that occurred during the initial push of historical values. Perhaps others might report their success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relevant comments and questions are welcome but submissions with spam-links will not be published.