Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fledgling Northern Cardinal

Several times this week, while walking along the San Gabriel Trail, I have been hearing a bird sound similar in quality to a cardinal's single-note call but repeated rapid fire two to four times. I had tried without success to pin down the source. Tonight, I heard one right next to the trail and, with a few minutes of searching with the binoculars, I found this little fledgling. I watched it until it fluttered awkwardly over to another bush were it was joined by an adult female. The picture is blurry since I had to focus manually and hand-hold the shot.

Fledgling Northern Cardinal
Canon SX-50 HS - ISO-800, full zoom, f/6.5, 1/5s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relevant comments and questions are welcome but submissions with spam-links will not be published.